Friday, September 12, 2008

Creamy Banana Pudding



Oh, how I hoped they wouldn't like it... They do. This is the same recipe my mom made for us growing up. My dad still makes it for himself. It is the perfect comfort food and makes a great breakfast!



(Yes... that's a toothbrush in his right hand. Don't ask!)

INGREDIENTS:
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened
Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups whipping cream, whipped
36 vanilla wafers (I use more...)
3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice

DIRECTIONS:
1. In large mixing bowl, combine EAGLE BRAND® and water. Add pudding mix; beat until well blended. Chill 5 minutes.
2. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon 1-cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2-quart glass serving bowl.
3. Top with one-third each of the vanilla wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat layering twice, ending with pudding mixture. Chill thoroughly. Garnish. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE to make this!!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks a bunch! I made this and loved it. Rob loved it too. Naturally the skinniest person in this family wasn't so keen on it. Probably the only kid in the world who won't eat this. LOL! (My mom has a different banana pie recipe of your mother's with marshmallows.)

cj said...

sounds yummy! I may have to try it even tho I'm not a big banana fan.