Turns out the trick is getting there before the 8:30 bell. Fewer peoples, more selection, and no one in line for the balloon animals! Besides crepes, cookies, and a helicopter balloon creation, this is what we brought home this week:
- bean sprouts
- green onions
- red & white onions
- various peppers (for Jason's salsa)
- cucumbers (note the "double cucumber" for the kiddos!)
- tomatoes (both regular & grape)
- choke cherry jelly (never picked our own berries & this is SO much easier!)
- egg plant (don't know what to do with that)
- a balloon duck for good measure...
A stop for corn from the Optimists completed this shopping trip. Well, that and hundreds of dollars at Costco & Albertsons... but at least this filled the crisper....