Friday, November 23, 2007

If only I'd have known then what I know now...

Know how that is? Well, as far as relationships, I am quite fond of two books that Jason and I read last year. For Men Only and For Women Only. Both of this books provided much insight. I loved For Men Only. Yes, the author recognizes that women will read this book, often before allowing their spouse an opportunity to read it. The book helped me understand myself a bit better: why I do what I do... Now, For Women Only was a great reminder on how differently men and women process information.

Once we'd read the book(s), Jason and I both decided that the pair would be our wedding gift to all future brides and grooms we know. We feel like much miscommunication and frustration would have been avoided had we read these books 15 years ago.

Now, you know that Sara and Josh were married 2 weeks ago. Guess what we gave them? You guessed correctly! Here's what Sara had to say on her blog: Sara's blog. We pray that they will avoid some of the misunderstandings newlyweds (and not-so-newlyweds) are prone to have. I think they're off to a great start!

1 comment:

Prindle 4-2 said...

Well Karen we are almost done with the books! Infact, Josh read further than I did last night. He read two chapters and I only did a chapter adn a half. P.S. i posted a few new pictures.