Thursday, January 22, 2009

Learning to do "girl" hair...

Don't laugh. At my abilities or my picture.

I have a theory. I think if you don't learn to "do" hair before mid-high school, there is no hope. The skill becomes exponentially more difficult to learn with each passing year. According to my own thought process, I'm in big trouble. Kjersten is destined to look like a ragamuffin until she learns to do her own hair.

Well, I'm determined to overcome my inability. So, at her last haircut, I begged Betsy for some ideas. She helped me "do" her hair that day and sent me away with a few styles to try and a pocket full of bobby pins.

We're trying. She's getting more patient, believe it or not... And, the mama is branching out. The other day, I tried parting her hair from front to back and doing just two pigtails. I succeeded. Very cute. On a whim, following my shower, I did my hair the same way. Not so cute. But Kjersten LOVED it!


Here's the picture Rhys took. You actually can't see our hair. Just as well, in my case...

And, here's George who just needed his picture taken.

3 comments:

cj said...

oh, you're both adorable. She's lucky she got your eyes! If ya wanna see bad girl hair, I've got some pictures of what my mom did to me as a child. (and yes, you're still cute George!)

Colleen said...

Yep, we can't see your hair, but you girls look cute! (I'm afraid to attempt braids on Linlee. Her hair is so slippery and she's so wiggly. Probably would be a disaster.)

Wendy said...

You two are so pretty!