Monday, February 4, 2008

Real life rescue heros...

George and Ole are still sick. I took the two big kiddos to co-op, dropped off my teaching stuff for the day, and headed home. George was not happy to go home. He loves co-op. A bribe of a snack and watching his "Rescue Heros" movie helped.

As we were driving home, we saw a large plume of black smoke. I could see it was below our house, and being the middle of winter, I wasn't too worried about another fire. Out of curiosity, I took another road home. Just a few blocks from our old house and a few blocks from the fire station, we passed this house under construction fully engulfed.

We actually drove by before the fire trucks arrived. There was a police car there so we knew emergency services had been dispatched. I turned around (bad, I know... No one likes a gawker!) and snapped this photo with my cell phone the block before the fire.

We waited for the fire trucks to pass, the drove by and snapped another picture. Once I assured Brennen that no one lives in that house, he was totally impressed to see real rescue heros in action. Then we came home, watched his movie and ate lunch. Now, off to nap...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!! That is a huge fire!! Your phone takes great pictures by the way. I'm so glad no one was in that house. How scary.

Wendy

Hidden Jewel said...

How exciting!

So how do you get your pictures from your phone to your computer?