Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cael has two new things!!!

One- a nickname!!!! He's too big for the standard "peanut" and we hadn't found anything that fit him until last night. He's certainly roly poly and the family has always been fond of the name Ole. So... Meet "rolie polie ole" (not Ollie, like the TV show!)

Two- see what else he has now?!?!? Yup! Ole's got a belly button! I was lamenting the fact that he still had that unsightly umbilical cord stump yesterday. It was look ickier than usual and I was pouting about not being able to do "real" baths yet... Well, last night at grandma's, he shed that unnecessary appendage and is now ready for a big boy bath. (Now, I'm a bit ambivalent. Most babies aren't real pleased with bath time and it's a pain in the rear for mama. But... now I have the option! That's all I really wanted!)

3 comments:

jamie said...

Ole! Poor kid. That's just plain mean!

Cynthia said...

I always wonder where nicknames come from... why do you call Brennen George? I can never figure that one out (LOL).

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to admit that I looked up the name Cael to find out the meaning and burst out laughing when I saw it meant "slender."

I think Ole is CUTE!